Warning messageThis content is filtered. APPPAH membership is required for full access to journal articles.
1. Oprah Winfrey Show; March 1, 1996; comedian Carole Montgomery.
2. For more on this area of research see Peterson, Gayle, AN EASIER CHILDBIRTH, Shadow and Light, Berkeley, CA 1993.
3. See AN EASIER CHILDBIRTH and TRAINING CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS for more on associations that affect childbirth.
4. For more on the area of research on women's experience of birth refer to the references in Peterson, Gayle AN EASIER CHILDBIRTH, and BIRTHING NORMALLY, Shadow and Light, Berkeley CA, 1993, 1984. And, Simkin, Penny JUST ANOTHER DAY IN A WOMAN'S LIFE/NATURE AND CONSISTENCY OF WOMEN'S LONG TERM MEMORIES OF THEIR FIRST BIRTH EXPERIENCES in BIRTH 19:2 June 1990; Simkin, Penny CHILDBEARING IN SOCIAL CONTEXT in WOMEN AND HEALTH V. 15(3) 1989.
5. See AN EASIER CHILDBIRTH and PRENATAL COUNSELING PROGRAM.
6. See AN EASIER CHILDBIRTH.
Gayle Peterson, Ph.D., M.S.W.
Gayle Peterson, Ph.D., M.S.W. has done pioneering research into preventing complications in pregnancy and childbirth since 1973. She is the author of Birthing Normally and An Easier Childbirth. Dr. Peterson is in private practice in Berkeley, California specializing in perinatal psychology and early family development. She currently trains psychotherapists and childbirth educators in a year-long certification program for prenatal counseling. She can be reached for correspondence, communication and information on her preventive prenatal counseling training program at 1749 Vine Street, Berkeley, CA 94703.