1. Beasley, V.: Subtle-Body Healing, Boulder Creek, California, 1979, University of the Trees Press.
2. Harner, M.: The Way of the Shaman, New York, 1980, Bantam Books, p. 52.
3. Beasley, V.: Subtle-Body Healing, Boulder Creek, California, 1979, University of the Trees Press.
4. Verny, T.: The Secret Life of the Unborn Child, New York, 1981, Simon & Schuster.
5. Grof, S.: Realms of the Human Unconscious, New York, 1976, Dutton.
6. Liedloff, J.: The Continuum Concept, 1977, Warner Books, New York, p. 48.
7. Odent, M.: Birth Reborn, New York, 1984, Panthenon.
8. Benson, H.: The Relaxation Response, New York, 1975, Avon Books.
9. Rice, R.: Neurophysiological development in premature infants following stimulation, Developmental Psychology 13(1), 1977, pp. 69-76.
10. Bovard, E.: The effects of early handling on viability of the albino rat, Psychological Review 69(5), 1958, pp. 257-269.
11. Weininger, O.: Physiological damage under stress as a function of early experience, Science 119, 1954, pp. 285-286.
12. Klaus, M.: Maternal-infant bonding, Saint Louis, 1976, The C. V. Mosby Company.
13. Rosnick, Y.: Health Care Products, P.O. Box 26221, Denver, Colorado 80226.
14. Harner, M.: Drumming for the Shamonic Journey, Dolphin Tapes, P.O. Box 71, Big Sur, California 93920.
15. Brother Charles: The Ecstasy of Peace, A Thousand Names of God as Mother, Shrine of the Heart, P.O. Box 8091, Charlottesville, Virginia 22906.
16. Beasley, V.: Your Electro-Vibratory Body, Boulder Creek, California, 1978, University of the Trees Press.
Ruth D. Rice, PH.D.
JOURNAL OF PRENATAL AND PERINATAL PSYCHOLOGY AND HEALTH publishes research and clinical articles from the cutting edge of the science of prenatal and perinatal psychology and health. The journal, published quarterly since 1986, is dedicated to the in-depth exploration human reproduction and pregnancy and the mental and emotional development of the unborn and newborn child.