1. Verny, Thomas (1981). Secret life of the unborn child. New York: Summit.
2. 1st-3rd Internat'l Congresses on Pre- and Perinatal Psychology, personal communications and presentations, 1983, 1985, 1987.
3. Tufte & Myerhoff (1979), eds. Changing images of the family. New Haven: Yale University Press.
4. Rich, Adrienne (1986). Of woman born: Motherhood as experience and institution. New York: Norton.
5. Gadpaille, Warren (1975). The cycles of sex. New York: Charles Scribner and Sons.
Gayle Peterson, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.
Address requests for reprints to the author, 1749 Vine Street, Berkeley, CA 94703.
JOURNAL OF PRENATAL AND PERINATAL PSYCHOLOGY AND HEALTH publishes research and clinical articles from the cutting edge of the science of prenatal and perinatal psychology and health. The journal, published quarterly since 1986, is dedicated to the in-depth exploration human reproduction and pregnancy and the mental and emotional development of the unborn and newborn child.