Nurturing Connections Parenting Course
Early Parenting Knowledge and Practices
to Support Consciousness & Health
for Your Whole Family
You are invited to join us on a special journey as we explore birth and healthy early parenthood together, no matter what stage of parenting you may be in, or whether you are a professional supporting babies and their families.
In this 4-part online program, you will learn wisdom from experts in the field of Birth Psychology and be given practices to invite deeper connection with yourself, with your partner and with your child, as you all grow together.
We will dive deeply into some of the most important aspects of early parenthood, as well as the things all expectant parents are curious about- from choosing care providers, to preparing for birth, to supporting healthy sleep. We'll also be talking about the things that no one else is talking about that have a huge impact on families, such as:
- what you need to know about epigenetics (the environment and how it impacts the expression of genes)
- how you were parented and it’s impacts on how you parent
- strategies for supporting your stress during pregnancy
- how you can stay connected with your partner
Rebecca Thompson Hitt, MS, MFT, PPNE
Rebecca Thompson Hitt is the founder and executive director of The Consciously Parenting Project, LLC. Rebecca has been working with families since the early 90s when she became a classroom teacher, but has always felt called to working with relationships. She has since earned a Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and became a certified hypnotherapist through the Wellness Institute.
Rebecca has volunteered for Attachment Parenting International (API) and La Leche League and she is the former editor of API’s publication, Connections. She has written three books: Consciously Parenting: What it Really Takes to Raise Emotionally Healthy Families; Creating Connection: Essential Tools for Growing Families through Conception, Birth, and Beyond; and Nurturing Connection: What Parents Need to Know about Emotional Expression and Bonding. She is working on her 4th book, All Relationships Can Heal. Rebecca is the mother of two boys, ages 16 and 20 who have taught her more about parenting and life than any degree ever could, including not getting wrapped up in trying to parent perfectly. Rebecca works with families around the globe to help create, nurture, and repair their family relationships. Her website is http://www.consciouslyparenting.com.
“I've been working with families for over 25 years and am a mother myself to one teen and one young adult. I've been working in the field of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology for the last decade and see what an incredible impact having this information can have for parents at all stages of parenting, but especially at the beginning. I'm passionate about supporting you to have the information you need to find your way to deep connection in your family.”
- Creating a Family, what that means to you? Why?
- Creating Layers of Support,
- Optimizing the Womb Environment
- Knowing Yourself and Your Stories
- Knowing Your Partner's Stories
- Learning about Fertility and the Challenges of Infertility
- Creating a Conscious Conception and the Conception Journey
- What is a Natural Birth Sequence?
- Interruptions in the Birth Sequence and how to Complete and Integrate this for Mom, Partner, and Baby
- The Importance of the Sacred Hour
- The Breast Crawl and Optimal Breastfeeding
- The Importance of Sharing Your Birth Story
- What are our Prenatal Imprints and how do they affect us?
- Healing together after Birth
- Sleep, Feeding and Developmental Milestones
- The Importance of Developmental Movement for Babies
- Supportive Modalities for Moms and Babies (CranioSacral and Chiropractic)
- Resourcing for Yourself
- The Importance of Co-Regulation
- Staying Connected as You Grow Together
How can I access this class?
This is an online workshop which requires access to Zoom in order to participate. Once you are registered, an email will be sent prior to each session with a Zoom link for access.