Seeing Birth From Baby's Perspective
Produced by APPPAH
A collection of courses curated by
APPPAH's education team offer an overview
of Birth Psychology principles
10+ engaging presentations , created by experts in the field of Birth Psychology, combine to provide an overview survey of basic principles and practices. This content helps make the connection between the physical/biological aspects of birth and the psychological impact the birth experience has on conscious prenates, infants and adults.
In this course you will learn:
- The importance of understanding the baby from the inside out. In our modern world, we come at babies from the outside in.
- How to get the baby's story and hear from their perspective
- Understand the neurophysiology of trauma in infants
- That prevention begins with working on our own early experiences
Who is the course for:
- Therapists, educators, birth workers and medical professionals~ Anyone who is interested in better understanding the baby's experience and preventing early trauma. All practitioners who work with moms and babies and want to be able to serve them in the best way possible.
View a recap here of the Ten Principles covered in this course.
Deepen your understanding of Birth Psychology with these experts:
Wendy Anne McCarty, PhD
Karen Strange, CPM
John Chitty, RPP, RCST
Rebecca Thompson Hitt, MS, MFT
Alison Hazelbaker, PhD
William Emerson, PhD
- Welcoming Consciousness By Wendy Anne McCarty, PhD
- The Baby's experience of Birth and Tools for Healing by Karen Strange, CPM
- Understanding Early Imprints: Memory and The COnsious Baby
- The Impact of Betrayal on the Autonomic Nervous System by John Chitty
- Seen, Heard and Felt: Supporting Mother-Baby and Partner by Rebecca Thompson Hitt
- Infant Trauma, Breastfeeding and 15 Stress Vectors for Babies with Alison Hazelbaker
- Psychotherapy with Infants with William Emerson
- The Neurophysiology and Developmental Trauma by Kathy Kain
- Trauma-Informed Care from Baby's Perspective by Kate White
How can I access this class?
This is an on-demand course, once you have purchased the recordings are available to view anytime.
Are refunds available?
Refunds are not available for our on-demand courses.